Saturday 30 March 2013

Proposal Inspiration

When writing my proposal I wanted to think of something that was creepy but also based on things that really happen because I think the best ideas originate from what is real because the fact that something like that could or does actually happen makes something seem even scarier. I got some of the ideas from watching things on TV and reading things on the Internet. The first thing that gave me an initial idea was when I watched a programme called Easter Eggs Live which was a programme featured over Easter and was focused on watching different eggs hatching and giving people information on different animals and how their eggs and hatchlings behave. One that stood out to me was there was a species of toad and the eggs end up going beneath the skin on the toads back and then when the eggs hatch they have to push through the skin to get out which I thought was quite weird so this gave me the idea for the slugs burying themselves under the skin until they've grown and ready to emerge. I then got the idea of the slugs turning on the girl (that gave life to them in a sense) and trying to eat her from seeing spiderlings hatch out of eggs and then eating their mother because she sacrifices herself to give them food and more chance of survival.  

I'm really interested in nature and wildlife and I think some of the most weird and creepy ideas can originate just from observing the natural world.

SurinamToad
'The female releases 60-100 eggs, which are fertilized by the male and then embedded in the skin of the female’s back by the male’s movements. After implantation the eggs sink into the skin and form pockets over a period of several days, eventually taking on the appearance of an irregular honeycomb. The larvae develop through the tadpole stage inside these pockets, eventually pushing out from the membrane on the mother’s back as fully developed frogs.'




Sources:


No comments:

Post a Comment